We are happy to announce that Leica Map360 v3.1 has officially released!
This release focuses on our fully integrated Bloodstain Pattern Analysis feature that allows users to analyze impact patterns and visualize the area of origin within the crime scene. This workflow is intuitive to use and will help investigators draw conclusions about what happened at a violent crime. Additional features and bug fixes are also included in this release of Map360.
Feature Highlights of Map360 v3.1:
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (BPA): Fully integrated BPA workflow is intuitive and efficient. Easily analyze impact patterns, define the area of origin, and produce a 2D or 3D visualization of the crime scene.
- Screenshot Copy/Save: Effectively communicate the scene with screenshots of your drawing that can be easily added to reports or presentations. Save the image of the drawing area to the clipboard or save the screenshot as *.PNG, *.JPEG, *.BMP, or *.GIF.
- Zoom & Re-Center Evidence Markers: Easily locate and display evidence markers or existing points in the drawing when inserting evidence markers. The zoom and re-center on this point will assist users with quickly inserting evidence markers.
- Updated Coordinate System Engine: The CS-Map coordinate system engine has been upgraded and includes over 125 new coordinate systems. Areas with the most additions include Africa (Namibia and Morocco), Asia (Korea and Malaysia), Australia/New Zealand (GDA2020 systems), Europe (Several zones), and US OCRS systems.
- Updated Point Cloud engine: This update includes various improvements and bug fixes critical to Map360, including a fix for opening old LGS files missing "VersionInfo” metadata and supporting LGS filenames longer than 40 characters. Map360 v3.1 supports the latest Leica Geosystems Cyclone 9.4.2, JetStream 1.6.1, and Cyclone Register360 1.6.2.
- Bug Fixes: Map360 V3.1 includes a number of bug fixes including the fix for the print crash. Please refer to the Release Notes for complete details.
Map360 V3.1 Features and Benefits
Map360 V3.1 Release Notes
Map360 V3.1 Video Playlist
Customers with maintenance contracts can use Map360 V3.1 immediately, after updating their license key. Customers with expired maintenance or older versions, can purchase an upgrade to start using the latest features.
Want to try out the new features? A free fully functional 30-day demo is available. For more information visit http://ims.leica-geosystems.com/map360, call 800-668-3312, or contact your local dealer.
Download a free demo
MicroSurvey Software has been developing software solutions since 1985 and made its first forensic product called MapScenes in 1999. In 2015, we retired MapScenes and re-released it as Leica Map360 as a Leica Geosystems branded product. MicroSurvey Software is a member of the Hexagon family of companies.